Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Peach Sorbet

The 10 day forecast is awesome.  The highs are in the mid 50s to low 60s for the most part and I want spring back now.  Because after spring, comes summer.  And summer brings beautiful tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, berries and peaches.  I love peaches.  They simply scream summer.  Back when they were in season I made peach sorbet in my ice cream maker and moved it to the freezer as per the instructions on my maker.  Then the power went out.  For 2 days!  It's happened before here, so I knew what to expect.  I hauled my sorbet out of the freezer and began eating.  And I just so happened to take a picture.
 And now I'm sitting here, eating Girl Scout Cookies, pining away for my lost peach sorbet.  I'm anxiously awaiting warmer days and the peaches that come with them.

Ingredients:
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. water
1/3 c. light corn syrup
1 1/2 lbs. fresh peaches, pitted and sliced (I leave the peels on)
1/2 lemon, juice of
1/4 t. salt

How:
Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.  Place mixture in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.  When cold, freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.

Fresh out of the ice cream maker it will be very soft, but ready to serve.  Or, you can place it in your freezer for a few hours to firm up before serving.

adapted from food.com


5 comments:

  1. yum yum yum ... saving this recipe .. have to try it ..
    www.kankanasaxena.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I too can't wait for warmer weather and peaches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo... Love peach sorbet... Almost in an unnatural way. HA! Buzzed and saved!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay this looks great! I had a room mate in college who would not allow us to even touch her stash of peaches. hahaha She loved them. I'll have to share this recipe with her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh I love peaches. In the summers in NYC I remember being able to just go to the local farm stand and get a peach whenever the craving hit. I still crave it sometimes and am hoping the market here in Beer Sheva will soon have them! This sorbet looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...