Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Salmon with Garlic Lime Butter

I've mentioned in the past how I've never really been a fish eater, until recently.  Now I kind of have to be, as it's one of the few protein sources my child will ingest willingly.  Salmon is an obvious choice in that it isn't too expensive, and B and I both love it.  Therefore, it's become an almost weekly dinner menu star.  Because of that I'm always looking for new ways to eat is so that we don't get sick of it.

Traci over at Mrs. T's Eats recently posted a salmon recipe featuring garlic lime butter and, loving all those ingredients, I figured it was a no-brainer that I should make it.

I tweaked the recipe just a little and I fell in love with the flavor.  The baby lady, however, didn't seem to enjoy the tangy taste of lime and refused to eat the fish, which made B happy because then there was more for him to eat.  Baby girl went crazy for the couscous with peas I served it over, though, which almost caused me to have a heart attack.  It's been months since that child touched a pea!  Craziness, I tell you!

serves 2

Ingredients:
2 6 oz. salmon fillets
zest from 1 lime
1 garlic clove, minced
1/8 c. lime juice
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
3 T. unsalted butter, melted
cilantro for garnish (optional)

How:
Preheat your oven to 450ºF.

Whisk together the garlic, lime juice, salt, pepper and melted butter and set aside for later.  Place the fish on a foil lined baking sheet, skin side down, and season with salt and pepper to taste.

Bake fish for 15-18 minutes or until opaque and flakes easily.  Use a spatula to remove the fish from the foil, and the skin should stick to the foil easily.  Sprinkle the fish with lime zest and a tablespoon of butter sauce, whisking as you pour.  Add cilantro if desired.

adapted from Mrs. T's Eats who adapted it from this recipe
Print Page

5 comments:

  1. Yum! I am always looking for new ways to season salmon dinners. I will try this. Buzzed you on Food Buzz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum - I LOVE some salmon and i'm with Michelle - always looking for new ways to cook it up and I can honestly say i've never done garlic! (my fall back is spray butter, salt and creole seasoning LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lauren, I love reading your blog and I have something to show for it on my blog!
    http://cookingitalianinthemidwest.blogspot.com/2011/05/roasted-tomato-pasta.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM!! I love salmon, and this recipe sounds amazing! I will definitely be trying it out one of these days soon!!

    Also, I just wanted to let you know that I’ve given you a blog award, so feel free to head on over to my blog (http://sandiesbitchinkitchen.blogspot.com/) and check out my latest post. I wanted you to know how much I like your blog and the things that you post!

    Have a great Friday evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one great salmon recipe! I love the garlic/lime butter combo... delicious meal!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...