Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lemon Tarragon Peas

Marriage is all about compromise.  When B and I got married, we combined pretty conflicting food choices and had to compromise on those.  So, he's started eating more bell peppers and I've started eating pork chops and also peas.  I came across this easy pea recipe the other day while in search for an easy side dish and decided that is was pea time again.  I love tarragon and lemon so the thought of the two of them together had me actually anticipating peas for once.  The end result was extremely flavorful peas, that were just a tad heavy on the butter and not too licoricey from the tarragon.  What's even better, is that my 10 month old who used to cry while eating peas gobbled these up.


Serves 4 adults as a side dish.  Takes about 15 minutes to cook from start to finish.

Ingredients:
16 oz. bag of frozen peas
1 t. sugar
1/2 t. salt
2 T. butter (I recommend using 1 1/2 T.)
1 t. minced fresh tarragon (or 1/2 t. dried)
1/2 t. grated lemon peel
1 t. lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

How:
Place peas, sugar and salt in a medium saucepan and add just enough water to cover.  Boil, then reduce and simmer for 6 minutes.  Drain

Return the peas to the saucepan and add all the remaining ingredients.  Stir until the butter is melted.  

Enjoy!

~Original recipe found on food.com

Print Page

3 comments:

  1. I love tarragon and don't see it used often by my fellow bloggers. What a great idea to use it with peas. My nephew loves peas and I have him for the day on Monday. I'll give this a try!

    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was never a huge pea lover as a side dish, I always just used peas in things I cooked. My husband loves them though, so perhaps I should try these out, they sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Kristi, I'm a huge fan of tarragon - although it is hard to find fresh French tarragon here. I've not tried it with peas but will give it a whirl now that your discerning 10mth old has given it the thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...