Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sweet Potato Fries

I love baked sweet potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, sweet potato ravioli, sweet potato casserole.  B likes none of that.  He does, however, like sweet potato fries.  Therefore, that's where I get my sweet potato fix.  When I was pregnant with the baby lady, I read about how sweet potatoes are excellent for you when you're pregnant...healthy fiber, vitamin A, filling, natural sugars and what not.  So I determined to make them in a way that B and I would both eat them.  Voila!  Fries!  The combination of cinnamon and cumin sounds strange at first, but it really is very good.They're not crispy like regular potato fries, but the flavor is, in my opinion, way better and that makes up for the lost crisp factor.

What made it even better the other day was this sight:

My baby lady has a new finger food!  


Ingredients:
2 medium sized sweet potatoes, peeled (you can leave the peel on if you're not giving it to a baby, just wash it really well)
1 T. olive oil
1/4 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. cumin
pinch salt

How:
Preheat your oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.

Cut the sweet potatoes in half, and then into sticks and put into a bowl.  Add olive oil to the bowl and toss to coat.  Then sprinkle with cinnamon, cumin (it sounds weird but it's really good together) and a little salt if you like.

Bake for 18 minutes, stirring them around twice during cooking.

Enjoy!

Print Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...