Monday, April 11, 2011

Goat Cheese Stuffed Baby Bell Peppers

I found out that my second box from Washington's Green Grocer was going to contain mixed bell peppers.  I had planned on making stuffed peppers of some sort, hopefully a vegetarian one.  Then I got my box and found these tiny beauties inside.

They don't exactly scream out, begging to be made into a main dish, so an appetizer seemed to be the way to go.  I had seen a recipe for stuffed baby bells once, but the only ingredient I had was the baby bell peppers, so I just decided to wing it, and this is what I came up with.

The peppers are stuffed with a mixture of herbs, shallots and goat cheese.  They're then roasted until soft and slightly blackened on the bottom and then enjoyed while still a bit warm.  I took these to a playdate as treats for the mommies and they were a big hit. 

Ingredients:
1 pint of baby bell peppers
4 oz. goat cheese
1 T. minced mixed herbs -use your favorites-I used thyme and rosemary
1 T. minced shallot
olive oil for drizzling

How:
Preheat your oven to 400 F.  Wash and dry the peppers.  Cut a slit down the center of each, lengthwise and remove seeds (the tops just popped off when I did this).

In a bowl combine goat cheese, herbs and shallots.  Stuff into peppers and place onto a baking sheet LINED WITH FOIL (very important if you don't want any of the excess goat cheese to roast itself permanently into your sheet...which I may or may not have done myself....).  Drizzle with olive oil and roast for 12-15 minutes or until the peppers are soft and the cheese has melted.  Let cool about 5 minutes.

Devour!  
Print Page

6 comments:

  1. This Looks so good. Anything with goat cheese is good by me! I love how these are bite sized too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am addicted to baby bell peppers! This is a great idea too. Mmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have mini peppers and goat cheese in my fridge...sounds so good I will have to try this! I had them stuffed with gorgonzola and that was great. I love goat cheese so these should be even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I didn't even know they made baby bell peppers! These look positively scrumptious :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmm...that sounds great!! I do this sometimes, but I stuff them with a mixture of homemade ricotta and feta... delish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen these once in a while -- how lucky for you. I've tried cream cheese stuffed jalapenos but I'm going for the goat cheese!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...